Friday, August 28, 2009

Contractions

My NST today was still showing quite a few contractions despite the procardia. Thankfully, they were not really painful or coming at regular intervals like they were last Friday. They checked my cervix after Tuesday's NST and it was still closed, but I can't help but to be a little nervous that it will all change very soon. I just really want Andrew to make it to at least 37 weeks if at all possible.

My friends and neighbors have all been so wonderful, bringing by different meals and "calcium supplements" of Ben & Jerry's! It's so hard to admit to needing help sometimes, but everyone has been beyond wonderful in helping out and checking on us! Gene and I cannot thank you enough!


Two of the CDH babies that have been born recently are now on ECMO. Their names are Ireland and Max- please keep these babies and their families in your prayers.

I am still just taking it one day at a time and am thankful for each day that Andrew is still okay! Thanks so much for all the prayers and support! Hope everyone has a great weekend!

8 comments:

  1. Eat lots and lots of orange fruits & veggies!
    I'm sorry to hear this. Try to stay calm so that stress doesn't make it worse.
    I'll talk to you this weekend :)
    -Kellie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keeping you in our prayers trusting God with each day. Love you

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am praying for you and Andrew. You have wonderful friends and family helping you out. Ben and Jerry's was one of my favorites.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Praying for Andrew to stay put! You rest, and accept the help, sometimes it is hard. We are thinking of you all and praying that you make it PAST 37 weeks :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Praying that Andrew stays in there for a few more weeks. Take it easy and don't stress about it. We're keeping you and baby Andrew in our thoughts. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just found out about your family through Kellie, Brad and Carter's blog. Prayers for all of you. Wishing you several more weeks of bed rest so Andrew will be as strong as possible when it's time for him to begin the next phase of his CDH battle.

    Carepages:Emilyishere

    ReplyDelete
  7. Becky, I so wish we were right down the street so I could bring you food!!!! I would throw together some of your famous twice baked potatoes and finish up with rasberry chocolate fondue. Please know you & Andrew are in our prayers. I hope you are truly able to rest and relax as much as possible these few weeks before he arrives. Some good easy reads I would recommend are The Wedding by Nicholas Sparks really anything by Nicholas Sparks is great and another author is Karen Kingsbury, she writes Christian Fiction novels. Looking forward to seeing pictures of your little guy after he arrives. MIss you - Ginger

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thinking and praying for you and baby Andrew. Please know that is there are any questions you have .... we, and so many other CDH famalies are here to answer them.

    We will continue to follow your story.

    Lots of Love.

    Beth (Mummy to CDH baby James) xxx

    ReplyDelete