Monday, September 7, 2009

Happy Labor Day = Not Being In Labor!

Would any labor day really be complete without a trip to labor and delivery yet again? I'm beginning to feel like the boy who cried wolf- everyone at L&D thinks this is not the case because I've had so many contractions every time they have me come in, but I'm not entirely convinced myself. I didn't think I needed to go in today, but the doctors in L&D thought that 9 contractions per hour were a little too much even if they weren't painful or coming at regular intervals. I definitely would rather play it safe, especially where Andrew is concerned so Gene and I packed up and headed in so they could check out the latest action. Good news- no change in my cervix- still not dilated! Gene and I got the impression from all the great people up there that Andrew is going to come before our plan for September 29th based on all the activity. They said that there is nothing that can be done to stall labor if Andrew does decide its time to make his debut at this point. They were comfortable sending me home mainly because we only live 15 minutes from Duke and it always comes in handy that one of my high risk OB doctors lives three doors down from us.

Gene and I are thinking we should start a poll for Andrew's birthday and time. I'm hoping for at least another week of keeping him in there. We have a growth and development ultrasound scheduled for Thursday and will talk further after that about vaginal or c-section delivery based on his head size. I'm hoping that we can get some cute 3d pics of him. This may be the last time I get to see those cute little lips for a while without a tube or tape obscuring the view- not something that an expecting mother should have to think about, but reality just the same. As far as my frame of mind these days- it is pretty positive. I have this overwhelming peace that is an incredible feeling to have going into all of this. Praying that this peace will continue as things play out over the next month.

Hope everyone was able to enjoy their holiday weekend! I'll update with our ultrasound results if we don't have any other changes before then.

-Becky

6 comments:

  1. i read all your post lasst night...so now i'm all updated! I can't wait to follow your journey. I had my little man Jackson July 29th...so just six weeks ago. Although his outcome wasn't what we ever expected or wanted he was and is still our little hero. I will keep you in my prayers and wish you the best

    ReplyDelete
  2. We're praying that he stays in there a little longer. Only one more week to go before you're full term...hang in there Andrew!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Becky,
    I was trying to find a spot on your blog to email you, but I couldn't find one... I have lots of information to share with you about expecting a little one with CDH. We just completed a 2 month journey in the the NICU, with our little boy and he had a HUGE defect for a LCDH. He did ECMO, and all that not fun stuff, but our story ended up as one of those with a happy ending. We just don't have a public blog, so I can't share with you that way... I'd be more than willing to talk or email anytime about our recent experiences! If you feel okay posting your email, I will send you a quick email with my contact info! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad to hear that there was no laboring on Labor day. We had a nice talk about Andrew with Nurse Shanda today and she knows that she must be Andrew's nurse :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am definetely praying that Andrew will stay in there for at least one more week! I am very happy that he (and you) seems to be doing well. I am so excited for you and your little man!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So glad that Andrew continues to do well! You 3 are always in our thoughts & prayers. Thanks for the updates. Great new profile picture too!

    ReplyDelete