Thursday, September 17, 2009

And The Verdict Is......

An attempt at a vaginal delivery with a low threshold for switching to a c-section is the path we will take! I am very excited about this- I know that a vaginal delivery is better for Andrew. I feel better that the doctors all think it is the best thing for both of us to let me try! We are to report to L&D at 2:00pm on Tuesday, September 29th hoping for a vaginal delivery sometime on September 30th.

The crazy thing is that my NST today had the least amount of uterine activity yet and that's off the procardia! Andrew, as usual looked fantastic! Hopefully I have not just jinxed myself and Andrew will be able to stay in there and continue to work on good lung development until the 30th!

Some people have asked me what to pray for specifically. These are the big things on my mind: good lung tissue and lung blood vessel development for Andrew; that he will be able to feed okay when that time comes; that everything with his brain will be okay; peace for Gene and I up until, during and after delivery; strength to keep a positive attitude for Andrew and not break down; that God will heal Andrew and guide all of the many wonderful doctors, nurses, respiratory therapists and other professionals who will be helping Andrew along the way.

These are the two bible verses that I have been clinging to and using to keep me focused:

Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding will guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus. Phil 4:6-7

So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.
Isaiah 41:10

Thanks for all the prayers and support! It has made a world of difference to us!

-Becky

8 comments:

  1. Bless your hearts!
    Love, Mom & Dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. We continue to pray for Andrew and your family!
    ~Beth, Katie's mom (RCDH 4/9/09)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm definetly keeping all of you in my prayers. God is watching over Andrew. May you and Gene find peace.
    Love you
    Pat Hill

    ReplyDelete
  4. I will be praying for all of your requests. I clinged to the second verse during my pregnancy. Thinking of you
    Belly rubs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Here is another verse that I have been clinging to. Psalm 91:14-16 "Because he has set his love upon Me, therefore I will deliver him; I will set him on high because he has known My name. He shall call upon Me and I will answer him. I will be with him in trouble; I will deliver him and honor him. With long life I will satisfy him, and show him My salvation." We continue to lift you all up in prayer throughout each day. God is faithful. Love and hugs, Mom & Tom

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad to hear Andrew is continuing to grow his lung tissue before making his grand entrance! I am so impressed with how positive and strong you are...little Andrew is lucky to have you for parents! We're glad to be able to keep up to date with your blog. Andrew's room looks fantastic! And I love your profile picture, Becky...all baby!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is wonderful news!!! I will continue to pray for you and your family. The Lord is truly a healing God and i have no doubt that Andrew will be a perfectly happy baby boy. Good luck. (((hugs)))

    ReplyDelete
  8. Jeremiah 29:11 has always helped me

    "For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans for welfar and not evil, plans to give you hope and a future."

    ReplyDelete